MD-620 GPS 4G Wireless Data Terminal
|MD-620 4G DTU Brief Introduction|
MD-620 is a 4G DTU produced by eTung, with positioning functionality and industry level. It integrates industrial BDS/GPS dual-module positioning module and 4G module. The 4G module supports all 2G/3G/4G network modes from China Mobile, China Telecom, and China Telecom. The BDS/GPS dual-module positioning module supports dual-system corporate positioning function, and its outstanding positioning function especially fits vehicle positioning and meteorological sounding fields.
MD-620 has flexible terminal interface. The terminal interface supports RS232 and RS485 serial ports at the same time, and supports power and DI/DO. MD-620 has MODBUS RTU functionality, and supports one DI and one DO, and can be used to control switches remotely or to alarm remotely.
MD-620 can connect quickly with devices such as PLC, IPC, appliances and RTU, and transfer data via GPRS network from the device that connects with MD-620 to a host on the internet, thus implements remote and transparent data transfer. At the same time, it can report GPS information for the place where the remote device is to the host and implements positioning devices.
MD-620 has positioning and 4G data communication/processing functionalities. It’s small, durable, and stable; it’s easily installed. It can be widely used in industries such as construction and transportation. It is especially useful for tower crane monitoring and heavy machinery management, and can also be used in areas such as taxi operation management, transport vehicle management, special vehicle management, and vehicle lease management.
MD-620 working mechanism
After configuring IP address (or domain name) and port of the data center in MD-620, it dials in 4G wireless network to access the internet; then it establishes connection to the preconfigured IP address and port(i.e. mServer's listening port). On the other hand, the user software system connects to the mServer via virtual serial port, thus implements the wireless and bi-directional data communication between user device and user software system.
MD-620 has RS232 and RS485 serial ports, and the two serial ports can be used at the same time. At the same time MD-620 has MODBUS RTU functionality and can be MODBUS slave. And MD-620 embeds BDS/GPS dual-module positioning model, and can get positioning information via satellites. So, there will be four data channels between MD-620 and data center, that are used to transmit RS232 serial port, RS485 serial port, MODBUS RTU and GPS data, respectively. The four channels are not required to use at the same time, and each channel can be set to enable or disable, according to project’ requirements. At data center, each channel has a virtual IMEI derived from MD-620’s IMEI. For example, MD-620’s IMEI is 240305001234567, then the four channels’ virtual IMEIs are:
As a DTU, MD-620 connects to user’s serial device via its serial line terminal. After MD-620 connects to mServer, user’s serial data acquisition software connects to mServer via i.e. virtual serial port, and maps to the terminal corresponding to RS232 channel (or RS485 channel). This way implements the wireless and bi-directional data transmission between user’s serial device and serial data acquisition software.
As a RTU, MD-620 supports MODBUS serial link protocol. MODBUS is a master/slave protocol: the master station sends requests to the slave station, and processes responses from the slave station; the slave station receives requests from the master station, process the requests and send responses to the master station. MD-620 RTU acts as the MODBUS slave station, and software supporting MODBUS protocol acts as master station and connects to mServer through DCC interface or virtual serial port, and maps to the terminal corresponding to the MODBUS channel; thus the software can send MODBUS data requests that meets with eTung’s RTU MODBUS protocol, MD-620 RTU receives requests and returns MODBUS responses. This way MODBUS master can monitor and control the status of devices that connect to MD-620 RTU as MODBUS slave.
At the same time, according to user’s configuration, after MD-620 successfully connects to mServer, it can proactively upload GPS information, or reactively response to GPS information query. GPS data query software connects with mServer via interfaces such as DCC or virtual serial port, and maps to the terminal corresponding to GPS channel. Then the software can receive positioning information from MD-620 via GPS channel; and the software can also request positioning information by sending GPS query command via GPS channel.
. Power Supply: +5 ~ +36V wide range of voltage input, with terminal interface
· Data interface: RS232 and RS485, 3.81mm terminal interface
2G: GSM/GPRS/EDGE/CDMA2000 1x
3G: UMTS/WCDMA/HDSPA/HSPA+/TD-SCDMA/CDMA2000 EVDO
CDMA2000 1x/EVDO BC0
GSM/GPRS/EDGE 900/1800 MHz
· Work Current: 170mA@+12V DC
· Standby Current: 100mA@+12V DC
· BDS/GPS module: anti-interference GNSS navigation and position module
· BDS/GPS module frequency: BDS B1, GPS L1
· BDS/GPS position precision: 2.5m CEP (BDS/GPS dual system), 2.0m CEP (SBAS)
· RTU DI: optocoupler input
· RTU DO: drive capability 3A/250V AC, 3A/30V DC
· Temperature: -40oC ~ +85oC
· Humidity: 95%@+40oC
· Weight: 30g
· Dimension: 103x64x24mm (excluding antenna and handle)
·Adjustable baud rate on data interface
·Support standard TCP/IP protocol with both TCP and UDP
·Adjustable heart-beat interval and time-out value
·Support always online
·Support SMS and ringing tone wakeup(wakeup online)
·Support Address-IMEI Mapping to save wireless bandwidth
·Adjustable GPS data report time interval
·Support AT command to query GPS data
·Host CPU: 32-bit ARM processor
·Built-in soft/hard watch dog
·Built-in TCP/IP protocol stack
·Support domain name
·Compatible with various data center software
·Configurable via serial port
·Configurable via hyper terminal with menus
eTung’s MD-620 supports 4G wireless data transmission and GPS/BDS dual-module positioning as well. The integration and cooperation of both functions, is good news for industries such as tower crane monitoring, vehicle management, and taxi renting that need data transmission and precise positioning at the same time. This product is advanced in hardware industrialization, built-in design, and usage flexibility. Its technical advantages are easy to see:
· Fully supports China Mobile, China Unicom and China Telecom’s 2G/3G/4G networks;
· Embed BDS/GPS dual-module positioning model, support dual-system corporate positioning function;
· Support MODBUS RTU, with one DI and one DO;
· Flexible terminal interfaces support RS232 and RS485 serial port, power supply and DI/DO terminals;
· RS232 and RS485 can be used at the same time;
· Support connection with mServer, as eTung’s other DTUs;
· Support point-to-point and multipoint-to-point communication with 4G wireless network at both ends
· Support sending SMS
· Support 4G and SMS as backup
· Support modifying DTU configurations via SMS
· Support modifying DTU configurations remotely at server side
· Support querying SIM card number remotely, checking SIM card balance and traffic within DTU
· Support device remote re-boot
· Support APN name auto-adaption
· Support eYun platform, server building not needed and plug-and-play
· Support chuankoutong and virtual serial port, programming not needed
· Support proactively uploading GPS information, and the upload time interval configurable
· Support AT command to query GPS information.
MD-620 multiple points to data center
MD-620 implements point to point with embedded data center(serial to serial port)